Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Give it up!

"Mother love is the fuel that enables the normal human being to do the impossible." -Marion Garetty. It was my moms birthday on Saturday. In honor of my mom I wanted to name 25 things I love about her (even though there are a million things...I didn't think it would be fair to everyone else if I named all 1million of them).

25. *Submitted by Mikey* She is so patient....so true! Whenever things get chaotic, she is always the one (more or less) who has her head on straight. She can get through ANY situation (and is prepared for most...which we will address further into this blog). She is the one we rely on to keep a level head....you don't ever really have to worry about making mom mad b/c she will always always talk it through with you. An amazing trait to start of this entry!

24. She ALWAYS comes home happy...even if she has had a horrible hectic day, when she walks in the door she has a smile on her face. This characterisitc makes all the difference in our home, our lives, and our attitudes.

23. Whenever she answers the phone she sounds like she's in a good mood. Some of you may be thinking....why is this on the list? Have you ever had your family members answer your phone call like they were annoyed....tired....in a bad mood....uninterested? It's not pleasant...but we can always count on mom to be happy, & upbeat which is completely contagious.

22. She ALWAYS knows what to do. Whenever any of us are in a pickle....she has the exact remedy...and it always works!

21. Her love is completely contagious. If she loves someone we automatically love them too...i.e. if one of us (the siblings) is driving another sibling crazy she can always talk us into forgiving them and loving them....ughhhhh sometimes it's so frustrating b/c you just want to be mad but you can't.....not when she's around :)

20. Her inevitable NEED for her children....I don't mean she NEEDS us around to be happy, or content I mean she needs us around so she doesn't get LOST! I don't know how she gets from point A to point B but I love her for it. It not only is comical it's what makes Mom....Mom.

19. *Submitted by Manti* One of his favs is when she says something that's a tiny tiny bit off-color, she laughs and gets WAY embarassed. It's so true! What's even funnier is the laugh she does when she gets embarassed about something!

18. She is supportive of ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that any of us want to do. Can I tell you how much of a difference that makes in our lives? She not only backs us 100% but she'll do the work with us if she needs to (example Manti & Mikey's paper route...she was the one waking the boys up at 5am...helping fold the "papes" and then driving the boys around to deliver them)THAT is how supportive she is. I cannot imagine my life without the amount of support she has given me, & I'm sure my siblings would agree.

17. "Write me a note" 'nuff said :)

16. Her British accent. Hahahahaha. When Shanna & Pam get together they magically transform into British Women...only for a few sentences though.

15. She has the sweetest disposition. Maybe she inherited this characteristic from her Mother. Regardless, it is wonderful to live with....no complaints here.

14. Her attachment to the "outdoors." She has taught all of us in one way or another to love the outdoors and to appreciate all its diversions.

13. Her taste. Pam has a very distinct taste/zest for style, food, decoration, & entertainment. If we ever see something funky & coolio in a store be it clothes, sunglasses, decor, movies, etc etc we have coined the phrase "this is SO mom!" It's what makes Pam....Pam....Love it!

12. Her green thumb. Pam can work wonders with a yard, dead plants of all sorts, and indoor plants. She is one who has been blessed with the Gift of Gardening....jealous!

11. I HAVE TO put this on the list.....the "Campbell Way"....which I have come to love. Imagine the simplest situation...for instance....turning off the lights in the house/church/anywhere....multiply the level of complexity by 10....add 4....multiply it AGAIN by 4 million and you will have something close to...the Campbell Way....after Kristen & Nate's Wedding this is what happened...we were all hungry and decided to make our way over to an old Family favorite: China Nite. As we were in the church parking lot this conversation took place:
Gma: Oh dear, the lights in the church are still on.
Shanna: Ok I'll go turn them off
Pam: We need to get to China Nite it closes at 10
Gma: Shanna, do you know where the lights in the church are?
Shanna: No, but I can find them
Gma: I know where they are I'll go turn them off
Shanna: I don't think so, you need to get into the car...I'll go turn the lights off...Pam get mom into the car!
Gma: But honey you don't know where the lights are
Pam: We need to go!
Shanna: (to Gma) well I'm not gonna let you go turn the lights off
Pam: Everyone get in the car!
Shanna: Pam! We need to turn the lights off in the church
Pam: Well I don't know where they are
Shanna: Neither do I
Gma: Now Shanna I can turn off the lights just as easy as anyone else can
Shanna: No mom you need to get into the car
Pam: Shanna China Nite closes at 10
Shanna: I know that...I'm trying to get mom in the car so we can go
Gma: but the lights need to be turned off
Pam: We need to go now China Nite closes at 10!
This went on for about 30 mins....and the lights never did get turned off. Hence...the Campbell Way. *Don't touch this one folks....it's a trademark*

10. Her "greens"....that no longer exist...but we loved them just the same!

9. Her Lullaby's. They have stuck with ALL of us to this very day....in fact...we now sing them to our new Nephew.

8. Her strength in the Gospel. Her testimony is not only an example but it is a wonderful testification to us that the Church is true.

7. Her ability to make a house a HOME.

6. Her kindness. She is kind to everyone.

5. The example that she sets for all of us.

4. Her zest for life. Pam has gone on several international tours/trips...bike tours...bike marathons...on a few occasions has even taken one of us with her!

3. She is a classy lady. Pam is always polite and uses manners which she has taught each of us...

2. She is the most intelligent woman we know. Her love for reading, history, and thirst for knowledge have definitely benifited each of us not only scholastically but she has been able to annihilate any stupors of thought that we may come across....if you ever watch/play Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit with Pam (and/or Jamie) count on losing.

1. Without a doubt Mom is the easiest person to talk to...to talk things through with....to comfort you....to wipe tears away....to go to with the toughest of questions/problems/concerns etc.

A world without Mom is a world with no hope, no joy, no cheerfulness, no coziness, no happiness, no consolation.....no life. She is the bread to our butter and the breath to our life :)
For better or for worse she has become the voice in my head....the voice of reason that I can't seem to drown out...she is my supporter my cheerleader, my example, my strength and I count my MANY MANY blessings to be able to call her Mother. Happy Birthday Mom. We all love you so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet says: What a sweet tribute to your mom. That list could go on and on. If it weren't for her and her level headedness, Mikey, Vaughn, Devin, and Manti would still be lost up at North Fork. (Remember that one?) I count Pam as one of my dearest friends. My best memories are of your family and all the fun things we did when you lived here. Happy Late Birthday Pam. You're the greatest mom and friend there is!!!! (About the Campbell way, your gma and I have discussed it and I seem to have the same genetics at work, so I hope you weren't saying it like it's a bad thing!)

Mauga Fam said...

AWWW I love your mom she truly is a wonderful woman!

Paige M. said...

Oh, your sweet mom! I think that is the nicest post! I think I have read that story about the Lights ten times, and I can't stop laughing. I love it!

Jenilyn said...

(to Janet) the "Campbell Way" is def a trademark/good thing....it makes the Campbell girls who they are & I wouldn't change it for the world :)