Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bright-eyed & Bushy-tailed

How many of us look forward to the sound of our alarm clock going off in the wee small hours of the morning? While I realize there are a select few of us who enjoy the "light" sound of a foghorn jumpstarting the heart out of a deep R.E.M cycle, I cannot count myself as one of them. I love the feeling of a hard days work , body aching from producitivity, & a mind satisfied with a "job well done," but nothing pleases me more than to lay my weary head on a rather comfortable pillow at night.
My bed & I have a wonderful relationship. My bed has ALWAYS been there for me no matter the time of day..in sickness & in health...regardless of my financial standing..regardless of my appearance, & regardless of ANY of the circumstances in my life...my bed has been there to provide comfort no questions asked no negotiations required...who could ask for a better relationship (well...there might be a few more things I'd like in a relationship...but that's another blog). Because of the security my bed has offered (and always will) I find if difficult...nay...VERY difficult to get out of bed in the morning & being HAPPY about it. WTH? I have never grasped the concept of being "Bright-eyed & Bushy-tailed" a term often used to describe "a morning person." For those of us who are NOT "morning people" (in my case...far from it) how do we BECOME "morning people?" How do we reach that point to where we look forward & almost anticipate our alarm clock? I have often envied the "energizer bunny" types who are up at the crack of dawn ready for the day at hand....however, I can't help but snicker at the fact that while they are wondering what type of fiber would better suit their morning meal...I am comfy, cushy, cozy in a state of snugglization warm in my bedstead. Honestly guys...who is the one suffering here? Every morning when my alarm goes off I seriously sit there and think of excuses to prolong my slumber (I'm totally not joking). My thoughts are diligent in finding some alibi, cover-up, cop-out, or defense just so I can aviod waking up & facing another day of studying, work, or drama. Granted, there are days that I look for to those things. I'm like a monster when I wake up...sad huh? Not only in my appearance but don't even try to start a "meaningful" convo with me. When I was on my mission I did....ok....there were days where I felt bad for my comps..just b/c "companionship study" was sometimes non-existant due to my "lack of personality." Well....enough is enough....I want to be BETTER! It is time to put away my slumbersome desires! I have made it a goal to BECOME a "bright-eyed & bushy-tailed" kind-of-a-girl...that's a good goal/resolution right guys? I think my family will benefit from it as well as my soon-to-be-husband. However, if ANY of you have tips...pointers....advice...or guidelines you GOTTA let me know....I'm a little bit desperado here!

10 comments:

The Magalogo Family said...

I think that will come when you have kids. I'm up every morning at 6:30am, it's not the most fun, but I am getting used to it. Not too mention how much I get accomplished before 9:00am. I wonder if I woke up earlier the other 25 years in my life, what else I might have accomplished. Good luck with your goal, -McKenna

Unknown said...

I'm so not a morning person either! Good luck with that! I have a kid but I still hate getting up so early to take care of him and then getting ready for work. I know I have to do it but it still doesn't make me like it. haha. I'd much rather be sleeping! ANYWAY, I know I could be getting so much more done if I got up earlier but I wish you all the best!! ;D

Paige M. said...

I hope that you share the secret with me once you figure it out! I hate waking up so so early and it usually cuts back my time to get ready, resulting in me having to hurry and start my day off on a stressful note! haha

Olivia said...

you were kind of describing my husband here in this blog of yours, haha!

Nick and Amera said...

ohhhhh Jen. I am FAR FROM BRIGHT EYED AND BUSHY TAILED even after having an early rising baby! However, having a NEW BORN makes it a little more fun to be "bright eyed" cause they are early risers....its always a fun sight to wake up to a new born. Bushy tailed.....mmmmm not so much. Now that McCoy is 2.5 yrs old, I have no choice but to be an early riser....but as soon as I get him a sippy and a blanket we're back to laying down on the couch watching "sid the science guy" till atleast 9am. I used to be a morning person, but not anymore. I guess I am more so in the summers but not in the winters. Anyway, my only advise to you is to have kids (when its right of course). Without kids its easy to drag in the mornings, but when you have kids, they dont really give you a choice but to GET UP AND GET WITH IT! If i didnt have kids, I really dont know what i'd do with my day...i'd probaly wake up around dinner time! I will admit though, in the summers I always take McCoy for a walk before 11am.....NOW THAT IS SOME SERIOUS BUSH AND BRIGHT EYES IF YOU ASK ME! Its a good thing I married Nick cause with as much as a night owl he is, he sure can be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning....gets out of hand sometimes! Now im just rambling, but see, this just shows how much I need to see you cause I miss you so much!!!!!!!!

erin said...

you go girl. mornings are not my bag, and it doesn't help that i have a son and husband who also could sleep til noon. but i hate the feeling of wasting the day, you know? maybe think of something you could look forward to every morning, so you'll want to get out of bed... like have one of your favorite breakfast items waiting for you to eat when you get up... food is always a motivator for me. or maybe try something new with your makeup, or maybe watch a tivoed show early in the morning. i dunno jenilyn, that's an excellent goal. help a girl out if you nail it down!

Anonymous said...

OH MY hi Jenilyn! Oh, I just love you- I love to check out Erin's blog, and found you through there- oh my you are so cute... Yay for you getting married- that is so awesome! Anyway, if you still need wedding invitations- I dabble in the art... you can check out my website- www.eclecticdesigncompany.com this is by no means some sort of advertisement- although I would love to help you out- (pay no mind to the pricing- give me a call and we can hash out the details...) Anyway, if you already have that figured out, still, I would love to meet up with you sometime, and reminisce about the good old days. :) Love you and your family!
-Anne (Shepherd) Law

Unknown said...

I am so glad my daughter sleeps in till like 10. How would I function if she got up early. Hopefully this baby will fall in line! Cute blog!

AMY_BELL - said...

Okay...how in the world do you read all of those blogs? Haha, that's so awesome that you follow but it's so hard to stay up to date all the time. Props to you :)

The Lind's said...

Hey Jenilyn! How are you! It's Becca Lind (Lynch). I found your blog and it's so fun to see what you are up to! I am so happy for you! I loved the purposal story! So exciting. You make a darling couple! I also love this post I so want the same thing. I wish I was this chipper sp? morning person! Even with kids...I tell them to go watch cartoons...awful I know!
Hey if you want to view my blog email me at beclind12@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite! Congrats again on you engagement!!