Thursday, June 25, 2015

June is Hot

Today I text my mom (for the billionth time) that I was getting ready to die....that this summer heat is literally going to kill me. I had come to terms with it. I made my peace with life, and I was ready to wither away into nothingness. Give my regards to broadway--sort of thing. Then I came home from my nicely air-conditioned office, complete with a desk fan for those extra sweltering days, and started to cook dinner for my husband. As I was tying in all the flavors of the dishes, he walked in.....in all his glory. Covered in dust from head to toe, sunkissed (b/c he doesn't get sunburnt), sweaty and hot. At the mo-Jack is an apprentice to a master Graniteer. Soon he'll become a graniteer himself, and then hopefully we'll be rollin' in the benjamins. But that's not my point. Jack works so hard-OUTSIDE-lifting granite, installing the granite...sometimes hauling it up multiple flights of stairs, and when he gets home he's always happy. He never gripes that he has to work in the hot blistering sun, or even that he has to work. He just does it (like any man would do...there's tons of good ones out there). Now, I'm not blogging about this to be like "oh, my husband is so great, he is my hero blah blah blah" bc he's not my hero. No shade. I am trying to paint a picture for you of how different we are: Jenilyn: desk job-air conditioning: Annoyed and complain-y Jack: hard labor-out side with the elements as they come: happy and good attitude Remind me why I deserve him? The other night I was craving Mexican food it was about 1am. Guess who got up and found the only Mexican place that was open (Beto's for those who might need that info). It's just these small acts of him putting my feelings first that I'm just like: "Ok Jenilyn you can't mess this one up." Let's not get the wrong impression....I do things for him...but tonight I just feel extra grateful. And it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my own little world. And it's so comforting to have him by my side when nothing goes right. It makes me so happy to be able to go shopping for baby girl clothes and have his input. It's the feeling of security that whatever comes our way that we have each other to lean on, that we're in this together. That's the feeling I'm trying to tell you.

No comments: