Monday, June 22, 2015

Mrs.

When I got home from my mission, and once I acclimated myself to everyday life, I made a list of all the qualities I wanted in a husband. I'm fairly certain most girls do this. My plan was to finish school and get married within two years of returning from my mission. That's as far as my plans spanned. Two years passed and I was not in school nor did I have an serious prospects for marriage. Not much turned out as I planned...short term or long term. I came to terms with my, then, circumstances and accomplished much more than I had ever planned, I made some pretty good memories as well. I traveled, I adventured, I loved, I hated, and I lived (which is probably the most exciting thing). 2011 changed my life. I met Jack. I say it changed my life because it did. We started dating and it was unlike any relationship I had ever had. We clicked. Not just in a "I think you're kind of cute way" but I feel like my soul was attracted to his soul. Things progressed so slowly, but I got to see him in several different lights: difficult situations, social settings, family settings, school settings, critical thinking, sports/games settings...the list goes on, but slowly...I was realizing that this was the guy that I want to spend the rest of my life with. This is the man that I want to struggle with, in fact, the struggle did not even intimidate me. Then, I stumbled on "my list" which was in my dusty mission journal. I had 13 bullet points on that list, and Jack had each one of them. EACH.ONE.OF.THEM. That has never happened. EVER, you guys! May 7th, 2015 we got married. It was a cool day, it had rained the night before but the sun was out that morning. The day felt very relaxed. No stress. We got married and then had a luncheon with our family. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and going out with our family. The next day we left for Vegas on our honeymoon. We stayed in a suite at the Cosmopolitan (very Sex and the City chic) which had an amazing view of the Bellagio fountain and the strip. Jack is my favorite travelling companion. We are always on the same page, and are both game for whatever the other wants to do. This vacation was so relaxing, and enjoyable. The food! Ah! The food! On the way home we heard about a little swimming hole called Little Jamaica so we searched it out and enjoyed a little adventure. Once we got home it was back to business, as usual. Hawaii is next on our list, he's never been (oh! the shame).

No comments: