Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Kindness

We always hear Christmas stories where small acts of kindness change people's lives...I always wonder if they are real and true...tonight I was convinced.....they exist.  Today I had Laki....all day, I love him.  We ran errands, and danced all day.  As a result there was no showering involved for me and, make up wasn't even an option....but I didn't mind...I had pork chop (the name *I* made up for Laki....I have to let the world know I made it up b/c my mom and Jamie might try to take credit for it...and we all know they MIGHT not be as creative as I am when it comes to clever nicknames). The ONLY thing that sounded good to me was a panini and a bowl of soup.....zupas.  As I was standing in line the lady if front of me was starring (hard) at me I was almost uncomfortable (but I really don't care if people can't stop looking at me, that's usually a good thing).
Lady: You look so familiar.
Me: Really?
Lady: Yes, you are so beautiful
Me: *bashful yet surprised* oh.....thank you
Lady: Are you someone famous?
**I almost said yes.....just for kicks**
Me: *laughing.....loudly* ummmm *deciding whether or not to "improve" the truth*  No I'm not.
Lady: Are you sure?
Me: Uh.....yes I'm sure.
This may not mean a thing to anyone else....but to me....it made my day, it was the small act that made my Christmas merry.  So...Merry Christmas lady in the zupas line....Merry Christmas.



**disclaimer**  I realize this was not "Mr. Kruger's Christmas" worthy or even compares to "Secret Santa" however, it is def Jenilyn Su'a merry making worthy.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, he is getting big. What a handsome guy! I really want to meet your niece. That would be awesome if you could bring her to work one of these days, so I can remember what it's like to hold a baby so small.

Erin said...

what a fun compliment! that would totally make my day too. i was catching up on your blog and i LOVED the pic of you at the BSB concert, so so pretty!

Marek said...

You kill me. Of course that can make your day! ;) (Nobody said what can or cannot be considered Christmas-compliment worthy.) LOL