Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quit playin games with my heart

Real talk?  I do not care that I am in my 20's and have a crush, nay, infatuation with Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys.  I was getting irritated with the building anticipation. It was hot.   People watching was getting annoying--side note: people do NOT know how to dress for their body type.  The first thought that popped into my mind when the lights went out was "ok let's get this over with," I have no idea why I wasn't pumped.  The very SECOND AJ, Brian, Howie, and Nick came into view I was 17 again....you guys SEVENTEEN!  No shame....none.  I have not listened to their music since 2001-ish...when they left the scene...incidentally, I knew EVERY word to EVERY song...funny how that works.  The memories came flooding back...it was all very nostalgic in a way.  I was mezmerized....smitten if you will.  I've always, always been an *NSYNC girl, but tonight it was all about BSB.  Never mind the fact that Nick still can't dance (nobody's perfect), AJ is a little bit "chunky monkey," Brian is married and has a kiddo, and Howie is....well...Howie...never did pay much attention to the dude.  There's is no other group of girls I'd rather share this concert with than my Combs sisters....we go way back.  Legs sore (from jumping up and down...don't judge)...no voice....sore throat....dehydrated...Best. Night. Ever.....so far.  

4 comments:

theogdenfam said...

Oh, Jen. How I love you! Remember...I get the first kiss! I can't think of anyone else I would have rather been there with than YOU! Peace out, girl scout! XOXOXO Amy

pammysua said...

After liteally 50 years--or maybe a few less than that--I still remembered all the words to the Gary Lewis and the Playboys songs when he came to Salt Air. Sooooo lame. You are your mother's daughter.

Linda said...

haha you are so funny Jenilyn!! I wish we had seen each other in that concert!! :)

Dan and Emily Allen said...

I can see it all too clearly: Jenilyn with tears streaming down your face, holding a sign "Forever Yours BSB." So tender:)