Monday, June 8, 2009

Victim

It was just another manic Monday last week, I decided to go to the ever-strenuous step class that I go to every Monday. For some reason it was particularly difficult this time 'round. I made it through the whole class picked up what was left of my tired body and went on living life as I usually do. The next morning bright and early my mom came downstairs and asked me a very peculiar question "would you like to see a baby be born?" My reaction (mind you I'm dead asleep when she asks me that question) Am I in health class? DING! My baby nephew is on his way into this world! YES! However, in my experience babies take a LONG time to come into this world so I thought I would finish sleeping and then make my way down to Provo. 2 hours later I woke up and for some reason had such a hard time moving, wow that class last night really did it's job. I had a headache but decided to ignore it. While I was sleeping the baby was born (yes that quick). Lauaki Tua Su'a weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz. 21 in. He's such a darling darling baby. As I was visiting my little nephew my body started to ache and ache and I started to feel funny. I started thinking it might be best if I left to get some medicine. By the time I got home I could barely hold myself up, and I couldn't breathe....what was going on with my body? The next day I couldn't stand it anymore and I went to the dr. OUTCOME: Swine Flu. You guessed it...I am a victim of this horrible illness. I hope and pray that none of you EVER experience the swine flu. I have no idea how I picked it up....it's just my luck (is my reasoning). Luckily my nephew wasn't affected by me and he's alive and well...and so cute! Life goes on oh-blah-dee-oh-blah-dah.

8 comments:

AngiDe said...

ARe you freaking kidding me?!?!? That is crazy!!! Your like famous now... I've never known/met anyone who has contracted the infamous swine flu.... that is just nuts.

Hope your taking care of yourself and doing better!

XOXO

PS congrat's on the new nephew!!

stef j. said...

holy cow!!! are you SERIOUS!! no way!!

sleep woman, sleep.

on congrats on the cute, adorable (and new) nephew.

Calley said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Yikes BIKES! I really thought that was a fake illness or something. Holy cow! I hope you feel better. Yes, let others wait on you, get TONS of rest, don't you go dying on me now!
AND, you're kind of a minor celebrity now, what!

Elizabeth said...

WOW!!! SO SO Sorry!!!! Hope you get better soon!!

Paige M. said...

oh THAT IS TERRIBLE JENILYN! i am so sorry! at least there is a good thing that came along with the bad. congratulations auntie, and feel better!

Unknown said...

WHAT?! Are you ok?!! Hope you get better soon! We'll keep you in our prayers! Take care of yourself!

Jennifer Lane said...

How come I didn't know about this?? This is something you need to tell me about.

Adam and Brynn said...

Aaah!! I'm so sorry! That's crappy. Hope you are feeling better.