Thursday, October 8, 2009

Impossible things are happening everyday!


I thought I was getting myself into a sticky situation.  I had to sit back and ask myself "what are you doing?"  Last month I auditioned for the play/musical "Cinderella."  I thought I would give it a try....didn't have anything to lose sort of thing. Miraculously I was cast in the production.  Ladies and Gentlemen you are looking at the newest "evil stepsister" aka Grace (suitable name right?)!  At first I was a little weary and nervous (I don't normally do this sort of thing....in public..or professionally)....I haven't been in a production since High School.  I didn't tell ANYONE for the longest time.  My mom & my sister knew, but that was it.  There are so many "haters" out there and I didn't want to give them any fuel for their fire so to speak, and I certainly didn't want to be the topic of conversation at a friendly "roast" in so many words.  However, the production is coming along SO well....the actors are so talented and the show itself is going to be a masterpiece!  This is the "Rogers & Hammerstein's" version of Cinderella.  It is jam-packed with catchy tunes, creative dialog, comedy, and down-right-good-ol'-fashion-fun.  Because I have so much faith in this production I wanted to extend an invitation to anyone and EVERYONE.....is this a cheap plug?  It will be running (Friday) Nov. 13th-14th.  There will be matinee's as well as evening shows.  It is showing at the Draper Historic Theatre.  Naturally I will post specifics as we get closer to opening night.  Any of you who have kids...this would be the perfect thing for them.  I believe one of the Saturday showings will be discounted IF you come dressed as a Prince or Princess (which adds a little pizazz to the novelty of the situation).  If you have any questions let me know (leave a comment & I'll answer it).  Guys seriously....it's gonna be so fun! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you there. 

13 comments:

AngiDe said...

Jenilyn!!!! That is so awesome!!! I am sure you are amazing in this production! I so wish that I was there to see you.... Ryah actually really likes this movie! Adn would love to see it live, I'm sure.
Good luck and I hope you have lots of support in the audience!!

XO

Elizabeth said...

I so wanna come!!!

Morena said...

Jenilyn, that is sooo AWESOME congrats girl I SOOO wanna be there I LOVE PLAYS, your going to the be prettiest step sister for real...Let me know how I can get tickets.

Marianne said...

congrats!! that sounds awesome! I will definitely have to come see it. Good luck!

Mauga Fam said...

CONGRATS for landing the role, that is amazing! It takes guts to go for it & you did it! My girls would love to watch this, I will have to bring them:)

♥tori. said...

j lo when is it i want to come!!!!

The Mattson's said...

So i am totally coming. Let me know the details as soon as you can. Congrats.

Unknown said...

That is super awesome!! If I was close by I would SO COME!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that musical!! Congratulations and I'll be there in spirit!!

The Magalogo Family said...

See you there!

MELANIE ARCHULETA said...

naturally i won't be able to make it since we live in different states. but congrats on the part!!! that is so exciting. i always thought you were quite talented. good luck and let me know how it goes

carolineluvsulysses said...

u go girl! I think we might wanna watch that sounds super fun! I love catching up on ur blog lol sorry mine is so lame its jus that we dont got a rugby team that wins championships lol

G said...

OMG!!!!! I'm so proud of you Jen...that is so exciting. I'm really excited and I'm so coming. Please let me know when it gets closer, cause I lose my memory about everything LOL It's really close to my due date so hopefully I'll either have her earlier than your production or wait til her due date. But I'm so excited. I absolutely love Cinderella. I've been wanting to see a play for quite sometime now, but even better to know someone in it. Ugh so excited. Keep me posted.

MAUGA3 said...

That's awesome. I'll have to check out your show!